Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Fresh Start

Welcome to my Between The Void blog. After neglecting my first blog at Think Atheist for the past six months, I decided to give it another try and start over again. Please feel free to share your thoughts on my posts in the comment section. I will start with a short thought which gave rise to my blog's name.

Sometimes I have stared at that vast and dark void from which I and all beings have emerged and must return to in the end and have felt the urge to turn my eyes and run from it.  In the past, I used my belief in an afterlife and the supernatural as a veil to cover up this void. But now I stare at this unseeable certainty and ponder this unknowable void without that veil. I have learned to acknowledge the indifferent and unprejudiced nature of it without looking away in aversion or fear.  I consider this void now with an understanding that it cannot harm me while I am alive and when we meet I will be incapable to feel its frigid and suffocating embrace. I still glance at it occasionally and now only a sad sigh escapes my lips. The same type of sigh that will carry my last warm breath as it greets this glacial and unfeeling void, causing it to freeze over my nose and mouth, sealing them shut for eternity.  Until that unknown moment, I have decided to focus on enjoying and exploring the space between the void, where I create my purpose, meaning, and life adventure with Humanism as my guide.









No comments:

Post a Comment